To St. Stephen’s Downtown . . .
Since our pioneer Oregon Trail days, a wide variety of Portland’s citizens have found a home with us. Currently, we host not only our own congregation, but also local organizations Clay Street Table, Integrity Portland Chapter, Operation Nightwatch, HomePDX, Underground, Here and Now, and Journey Koinonia Catholic Community. We are also a popular event venue and concert space, and we frequently see performances by local musicians and performance artists.
Whether you you are visiting for a day or seeking a church home, we would be delighted to see you. Please feel free to join us for a service on Sundays at 8:00 or 10:30am followed by our famous coffee hour socials., or Wednesdays at 12:15pm.
Or, why not check out our Events page for information on upcoming concerts and parish gatherings, or join us at 9:15 am on Sunday for Adult Inquiry?
We look forward to meeting you, and we hope to see you soon! There will always be someone at our red doors to welcome you and answer your questions.
Our three traditional worship services are called Holy Eucharist services. The liturgy is read from the Book of Common Prayer and the Eucharist (the sacrament also known as Communion or Mass) is offered during each service. All are welcome to come to the table for the sacrament. The only requirement is that you be hungry for spiritual nurture.
Other Sunday Information
- Each service usually lasts about an hour
- Free coffee and snacks follow after the 10:30 pm service in our parish hall.
- Children are warmly welcome.
- Service and well-behaved emotional support dogs on leash may accompany you.
- Free parking is available on Sunday mornings and on weekday evenings after 7:00pm in the Portland State University parking lot located two blocks south of the church between SW Market and SW Mill Streets. Entrances are on SW 13th and SW 12th Avenues.
The Church Year is divided into seasons, each representing a specific focus in the worship of the Church. The Church Year begins with the Season of Advent (during November or December each year) and ends during the Season after Pentecost (also referred to as Ordinary Time). Follow the attached Advent Calendar each day through out the Advent Season.